Patch Notes - v9.2.0
26 January 2023
- Hold Y to automash!
- New flag - "Win at +2 Sanctuaries" - acts as an alternative win condition.
- New Magicant setting - "Alternate Win Condition" - unsurprisingly, this is also an alternate win condition.
- Slightly slowed down instant text speed; it'll now wait one frame when it prints a new line. This looks a lot better, and reduces lag enough that it's probably close to breaking even.
- Maybe fixed the Tenda crash. There's no way to test this fix, so please keep saving before turning in the Shyness Book.
Patch Notes - v9.1.4
5 January 2023
- Changed Race% defaults - enabled Easy Deaths and Abridged Dungeons.
- Christmas is still an option in festive mode, but no longer the default.
- We are hosting a new main PK Scramble tournament! You can find it at Earthbound Speedruns Discord, in the "scramble" channel.
Patch Notes - v9.1.3
23 December 2022
- Christmas is now an option in festive mode, and the default for the next week.
- Fixed a bug where using generated equipment in battle would result in Ness trying to eat it.
Patch Notes - v9.1.2
1 November 2022
- It's not Halloween anymore. You can turn it back on under "Frivolty".
- Fixed a bug with the bug-fix for the Happy Happy Village enemies sometimes softlocking you.
Patch Notes - v9.1.1
28 October 2022
- Everything is on Halloween mode. You can turn it off under "Frivolty".
- Fixed a bug where "insert enemies" without shuffled enemies could softlock you in the big room in Happy Happy Village.
- Fixed a bug with palette randomization that could completely lock the game up. (The bug shouldn't have actually happened without Halloween mode though.)
- Fixed a bug that could lead to seeds with very complex flags not generating. (ie: there's now enough randomly generated content that it doesn't fit in a single bank, and it was freaking CoilSnake out).
Patch Notes - v9.1.0
19 October 2022
- Added two flags to generate new enemies. One inserts without replacing, the other replaces entirely. The insert one is enabled by default in several flagsets including Dr. Saturn's Choice.
- Added a flag to de-shuffle boss attack scripts. This is enabled by default in the two racing modes.
- Added flag to randomize battle backgrounds. It is enabled by default in most seed settings.
- Changed Dr. Saturn's Choice presets to use rare repel sandwiches.
- Generally reduced the size of enemy spawn packs in all enemy shuffle modes, especially in late game.
- Re-balanced attack PSI and items in Extended PSI Shuffle. Super Bombs and Big Bottle Rockets are now considered equivalent to gamma-level PSI, so their item equivalents now use gamma. What was Rocket Beta is now Rocket Gamma, and the new Rocket Beta is weaker. Same with PSI Bomb.
- Removed a couple Moon Mode warps that could break or softlock the game.
- Thanks to DerrickGnC, Creodor, ChargingCharles, and Serra for helping test the enemy generator!
Patch Notes - v9.0.1
13 August 2022
- Fixed a rare way to hardlock yourself using an unset exit mouse in Moon Mode.
- Fixed a rare way to softlock yourself in Stonehenge Base in Moon Mode. Thanks to nanobite1667 for finding it!
- Fixed a way to crash the website.
Patch Notes - v9.0.0
26 July 2022
- Happy Happy Village is now a teleport. The bridge appears when you've visited both sides (not that anyone is going to use it).
- Added "Generate Equipment" flag.
- Reworked "Loose Key Items" flag - you now find loose key items all seed long no matter what the amount is, and even more of them if the flag is set higher. Roughly, a "1" on the new mode is equivalent to a "25" on the old mode.
- Restored cabin fight.
- Restored the Everdred "dying" cutscene; it is now required to get into Moonside.
- Talk to face.
- There is no longer guaranteed to be a Saturn Valley teleport somewhere in the seed.
- Generated items now take into account max item level settings, so you'll see more variety in seeds with generated items and low-power items.
- Fixed several boss name mentions and character name mentions.
- Certain boss name mentions are now intentionally vague.
Patch Notes - v8.8.5
20 July 2022
- Fixed another illegal teleport in Moon Mode. Thanks ChargingCharles!
Patch Notes - v8.8.4
18 July 2022
- Fixed another illegal teleport in Moon Mode. Thanks KewelBall!
Patch Notes - v8.8.3
18 July 2022
- Removed various buggy teleport destinations in Moon Mode. Thanks everyone for being so quick to report them!
- Changed policy on Moon Mode teleports that you have to PSI-teleport out of. They are now allowed.
- Moon Mode will now send you to some especially dumb spots if Teleport Anywhere is enabled.
Patch Notes - v8.8.2
16 July 2022
- Fixed a bug that allowed moon mode to send you to Magicant on seeds where Magicant is the end of the game. Thanks nanobite1667 for finding the error!
Patch Notes - v8.8.1
15 July 2022
- Fixed several moon mode softlocks. Thanks Gurks! (I'm sure there are more softlocks available; don't worry softlock fans.)
Patch Notes - v8.8.0
15 July 2022
- Added moon mode.
- Rare repel sandwiches is now enabled by default for race flags.
- The website now uses a new font; Motherish by Omni Jacala.
- Added six! new window flavors by pinkpanthr_. Fantastic work panthr!
Patch Notes - v8.7.1
20 June 2022
- Fixed a bug that would crash the server with a certain flag combination (8 sanc, accelerated boss shuffle, safe boss placement). Thanks to rocky12799 for pinging me the times the server went down.
Patch Notes - v8.7.0
16 June 2022
- Added a flag to customize your Repel sandwich experience.
- Changed the monkey that asks for a Repel sandwich to instead ask for a Lucky sandwich. Changed the guaranteed item to match.
- Added Onett and Twoson's drug stores as places that can contain "prepper" style food items.
- Slightly increased chances of finding Cups of lifenoodles and Bags of dragonite.
- Renamed some Jeff items for Extended PSI Shuffle. tl;dr: Anyone-can-use items always have "bomb" in the name. Renamed "E.Z. missile" and "E.Z. super missile" to "Rocket bomb" and "Big rocket bomb". Renamed "Technical bomb", "Fancy bomb" and "Complex bomb" to "Technical grenade", "Fancy grenade", and "Complex grenade".
- Slightly increased the number of repel items that generate with Generate Food.
- Fixed a bug in Generate Food that caused Monkey Cave items to mostly be PP-restoring items. It's now trash, as originally intended.
- Changed the Generate Food names for Eastern-style repel items to all have "repel" in the name. You no longer have to search for "Durian." Pour one out for "Durian kimchi" and "Durian lutefisk," the funniest food names.
- Heavily Armed Pokey now gives money.
- Improved NPCinja curse.
- Slightly reduced HP of bosses with the "Geeze Billy" curse (was 66% of normal, is now 50% of normal).
- Added many new namesets. Shoutout to mcmcgurk and madkat65 for making so many!
- Spawn rate no longer affects the zombie ambush cutscene.
- Removed flag string from seed page.
- Various improvements to spoiler log readability.
Patch Notes - v8.6.2
13 June 2022
- Added one new window flavor courtesy of Aurilliux.
Patch Notes - v8.6.1
13 June 2022
- Added two new window flavors courtesy of pinkpanthr_.
- Improved movement selection variety in "Randomize Overworld Movement" thanks to some helpful notes from Catador.
Patch Notes - v8.6.0
9 June 2022
- Added the "Randomize Overworld Movement" flag.
- Made "Abridge Dungeons" on by default in Doctor Saturn's Choice.
Patch Notes - v8.5.0
26 May 2022
- Added a flag that makes boss and enemy attacks shuffle separately. And enabled it by default in Pokey's Choice.
- Added progressive and accelerated modes to boss shuffle.
- PSI Learn Levels now can be split into separate offense/recovery/assist settings. Thanks Serra for the idea!
- Attack shuffle can now be split into separate boss/enemy settings.
Patch Notes - v8.4.1
25 May 2022
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Pokey's Choice preset to be applied incorrectly.
- Fixed a typo in these patch notes. (Thanks Serra!)
Patch Notes - v8.4.0
25 May 2022
- Many sliders now have + icons on them, for more detailed flags.
- Split flag - end item levels may now be applied to box items, shops, NPC items, and drops separately.
- Split flag - unscaled items may now be applied to box items, shops, NPC items, and drops separately.
- Split flag - enemy levels can be applied to enemies and bosses separately.
- Split flag - curses can be applied to enemies, bosses, and the final boss separately.
- Changed item and enemy level sliders to have 5-step instead of 10-step.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the "Glorious" curse to be applied very rarely in enemy shuffle seeds.
- Increased experience/money scaling in Pokey's Choice to 150%, same as other flags.
Patch Notes - v8.3.0
15 May 2022
- Added "accelerated" mode to enemy shuffle.
- Slightly improved enemy variety in enemy shuffle seeds (fixed up to 9 enemies being skipped entirely per seed).
- Beating the game ends Snake Tag (untested, but probably works).
- Fixed a bug where enemies on the way to Giant Step could be higher scale than they should be when using random start locations.
- Fixed a repeated name in Extended PSI Shuffle. Now a Flash item in the bomb slot (anyone can use) is a "Flash bomb" while one in the bottle rocket slot (Jeff only) is a "Flash grenade".
Patch Notes - v8.2.0
8 May 2022
- Added "Abridged Dungeons" flag.
- Ropes and ladders are now faster.
- Esclators are now much faster.
- The Summers boat cutscene is now a little faster (more to come).
- Changed the Lucky Sandwich; it now randomizes when you use it, instead of when you buy it.
Patch Notes - v8.1.0
15 April 2022
- Nerfed PSI Rocket: alpha is now 1x120 damage for 3 PP (was 2x120 for 5). PSI Rocket beta, gamma, and omega now cost 15, 30, and 45 PP, respectively (up from 10, 20, and 35), but their damage values are unchanged. Don't worry, it is still horribly overpowered.
- Added Pokey's Choice flagset.
- Added a new window flavor by Gabbi.
- Enabled "Generate food" in the "More random" default.
- Random Flags will no longer pick Snake Tag.
- Added more random names.
- Fixed a rare bug with Extended PSI Shuffle that could cause the inventory menu to glitch out due to too long of a name. Thanks to attack_slug for finding it!
- Renamed Okay Pendant to Okay pendant because I'm an okay pedant.
Patch Notes - v8.0.0
23 March 2022
- Added Extended option to PSI Shuffle.
- Added Snake Tag flag.
- Added Easy Deaths flag.
- Added a flag to randomize "Don't care" names.
- Added Safe End Boss Levels flag. This safety has been around forever, and was effectively enabled in all Giygas seeds, but notably not enabled in Dr. Saturn's Choice. It's now default on all settings.
- Giygas may be somewhat harder on default seed settings.
- Rebalanced distribution of food items in food shops. This mostly matters for "generate food" seeds. Moonside and the HHV self-serve shop have improved items.
- Fixed a bug where some generated food items would be undroppable. Thanks to Nessrocker for finding it!
- Fixed a bug that was causing Magicant=Removed seeds to never finish generating.
- The door behind the boss in Moonside is now locked until the boss is defeated, takes you to the back room at Jackie's, and can be used to re-trigger the monkey delivery if you mess it up somehow.
- Fixed an obscure way to brick your seed by failing to unlock the zombie cell door.
- Shortened a prayer text that was too long.
- Fixed a rendering error on this very page. Thanks to Pink Switch for finding it!
Patch Notes - v7.1.1
14 December 2021
- Fixed an issue that caused some seeds to never finish generating.
- Added a few food names to "generate food".
Patch Notes - v7.1.0
12 December 2021
- Added the first itemizer flag - "Generate food items"
- Added "Loose Key Items" flag
- High levels of "Cursed Enemies" now get gradually applied the deeper into the seed you get. Increased max curse count to 10.
- Characters' starting items are now randomized and scaled to their join level.
- Food ordered from Mach Pizza is now randomized and scaled. It should always end up being vanilla unless you're messing with item flags.
- Reverted the change where the Dusty Dunes shop isn't guaranteed to have all the Monkey Cave items.
- Seed names are now sillier, less informative, and much shorter.
- You can now reroll a seed with the same settings from the seed page.
- Fixed a bug where some NPCs that should give revive items weren't.
- Slightly changed Paula's Mom's item pool, for the better.
- Hand-aids, dirty socks, trout yogurt, the monkey's love, the Xterminator spray, and the Mr. Baseball Cap are no longer available in stores.
- Fixed an error where "Rust promoter DX" only appeared once in the pool, but "Xterminator spray" appeared multiple times. It's now the other way around. This is clearly a critical change that people will actually notice.
- Fixed a bug where, when enemy shuffle was enabled, if a boss that calls for help ended up in the Kraken slot, it would sometimes end up with out-of-scale helpers. Thanks to ChargingCharles for finding it!
- Fixed some weird dialog when buying equippable items from shops that don't normally allow you to buy equipment. Thanks to mcmcgurk for noticing, and 0xCrafty and phoenixbound for helping me figure it out!
- Fixed the end spoiler log being red if you had dead characters after completing no-Giygas seeds. Thanks to mcmcgurk for pointing it out!
Patch Notes - v7.0.0
11 November 2021
- Added a kid check in Deep Darkness. Update your trackers!
- Added "Shopsanity" flag.
- NPCs that give items are now scaled and randomized.
- The Dusty Dunes shop is no longer guaranteed to have all Monkey Cave items. It will instead only have those items that have not yet been included in some earlier shop.
- The Spawn Rate flag now affects 100% enemy spawns and NPC enemies. Prepare for an easier pyramid.
- Randomized the final two hallway chests in Monkey Cave (they're not needed for the puzzle).
- Removed the "can't run" flag from Slimy Little Pile, Insane Cultist, and Sentry Robot.
- Added Kraken soup, Royal iced tea, Pasta di Summers, Chef's Special, Monkey's love, and Trout yogurt to the item pool.
- Significantly lowered levels of Snakes and Vipers, making them more common.
- Lowered levels of certain early items to increase early game variety.
- Made shop item levels a little more random.
- Removed guaranteed Piggy Jelly and Stag Beetle from Mr. Saturn shops.
- Randomized all remaining un-randomized shops in the game. Their contents won't be very surprising though (unless shopsanity is on).
- The Grapefruit Falls shop vendor never disappears.
- Added "Dr. Saturn's Choice" flagset.
- Made the flagset chooser prettier. Moved some stuff around.
- Reduced the maximum curse setting that'll be generated in "random flags" from 6 to 2.
- Enabled fast doors, stunlock nerf, and flash beta nerf on default flags. Renamed "experimental balance changes" to "recommended balance changes".
- Added the tournament winner to the credits, and one other rare place. Congrats ChargingCharles!
Patch Notes - v6.1.1
7 November 2021
- Fixed a crash when trying to combine "not even randomized" with random starts.
Patch Notes - v6.1.0
21 October 2021
- Added the "not even randomized" flag.
- Added seven new Giygas-specific curses.
- Made Bear Mode a little more reasonable, probably.
- Re-added some little Giygas speedups that didn't get ported to the new prayer phase.
Patch Notes - v6.0.0
11 October 2021
- Added the "PSI Learn Rate" slider.
- Added the "teleport anywhere" flag.
- Added the "return mice" flag.
- Added the "limit mice" flag.
- Bear mode.
- Removed "double exit mouse" flag. (Don't worry, they're always doubled now.)
- Fixed Pokey's hitbox.
- Fixed unsightly flashing on certain window flavors. Thanks Crafty!
Patch Notes - v5.6.0
7 October 2021
- Added flag to unscale a percent of item levels. Will probably tweak exactly how this works later, but it's already fun.
- Fixed a rare crash at the cops when the enemy is a slimey pile and the boss is Mini Barf. (Thanks rizu-kun for finding it!)
- Gave Mini Barf a custom sprite.
Patch Notes - v5.5.1
7 October 2021
- Greatly improved the prayer sequence. Massive shoutouts to Cooprocks123e for performing the multiple miracles it took to make this work.
- Changed key item given dialogs to say which kid has it, and be slightly harder to accidentally mash through.
- Removed the "fast giygas" flag. It's always on now.
- Moved "max item level" to the resources panel.
- Reduced the amount of exp given by that one curse.
- Fixed a bug where, with sufficient effort, you could softlock yourself in the cultist room. Thanks NullSprite for finding it!
- Some minor internal cleanup. Thanks phoenixbound!
Patch Notes - v5.5.0
1 October 2021
- Added three excellent new curses.
- Increased curse limit to 7.
- Fixed that Monkey Cave glitch again. Thanks IQ and ChargingCharles for letting me know something was still wrong.
- Moved the dreaded Runaway Five Bus in Fourside slightly further out of your way. You can thank the_apple_lady for convincing me to do it.
Patch Notes - v5.4.1
26 September 2021
- Fixed an error that made Monkey Cave inaccessible. Thanks Staticpulse for letting me know!
Patch Notes - v5.4.0
26 September 2021
- New title screen cards courtesy of BigSharkZ.
- Removed MSU1 flag.
- Added MSU1 setting to sound select on all seeds.
- Added a Mr. Baseball Cap and Hand-aid to the item pool.
- The final Mr. Saturn shop no longer can have teddy bears. This fixes an issue where, in rare circumstances, the shop would have no revive items.
- Slight tweaks to Mr. Saturn shops and Mr. Saturn-associated items.
- Fixed an obscure scaling issue that probably only affects the Soul Consuming Flame's defense stat (should now be low like in vanilla).
- Removed "+1 attack strength" from curse pool.
- Fixed a rare softlock with the monkey bouncer. Thanks attack_slug for finding it, and Aurilliux for suggesting a fix!
- Fixed a bug where the getting Dragonite from the Tenda Chief would fail without a message if you had a full inventory. Thanks IQ for finding it!
- Fixed a tiny inconsistency in Magicant.
- Some item-giving NPCs have slightly changed lines. This is in preparation for a bigger change to them.
- Marginally sped up seed generation.
- You can now access PK Scramble via HTTPS.
Patch Notes - v5.3.0
8 September 2021
- Made the item box on the far south end of Twoson scale with the rest of Twoson, instead of with Everdred.
- Decreased the maximum number of enemies per group in the late game when enemy shuffle is enabled.
- Sped up certain cutscenes.
- Fighting cultists in the big room now properly despawn after beating Carpainter. (Thanks mcmcgurk for pointing it out!)
- Fixed exit mouse location in Belch Base. (Thanks WizardVapes for finding it!)
- Fixed a way to hardlock the game by teleporting out after looting the self serve shop.
- Added a seriously obscure easter egg.
Patch Notes - v5.2.1
29 August 2021
- Some things have new sprites, most courtesy of Messianic.
Patch Notes - v5.2.0
28 August 2021
Patch Notes - v5.1.1
20 August 2021
Patch Notes - v5.1.0
20 August 2021
Patch Notes - v5.0.0
19 August 2021
Patch Notes - v4.4.1
18 August 2021
Patch Notes - v4.4.0
9 August 2021
Patch Notes - v4.3.0
4 August 2021
Patch Notes - v4.2.0
31 July 2021
Patch Notes - v4.1.0
28 July 2021
Patch Notes - v4.0.0
27 July 2021
Patch Notes - v3.6.0
3 July 2021
Patch Notes - v3.5.0
24 June 2021
Patch Notes - v3.4.0
18 June 2021
- New flag - randomize overworld palettes.
- New flag - randomize window flavors. Thanks to BigSharkZ for contributing the initial batch of custom windows! If you'd like to submit your own, grab a copy of Coil Snake and edit Windows1_0.png in your project. Once you have something that looks good in game, stop by the Earthbound Speedruns Discord and drop it off in the Scramble channel. (The regular limitations of Coil Snake do not apply. If it works on the Plain Flavor entry (Windows1_0.png), it works in PK Scramble.)
- New flag - randomize NPC sprites.
- Fixed an error that would cause the Tangoo's poison breath attack not to scale.
Patch Notes - v3.3.0
9 June 2021
- Made enemy curser better at choosing appropriate curses for enemies.
- Brickroad will offer you a heal if you complete his dungeon.
- The Eraser Eraser now removes itself from your inventory after use.
- Changed lowest scaling option of poisoning attacks to inflicting "can't concentrate" instead of dealing damage. (Thanks Rizu-kun for the suggestion!)
- Made some changes to Belch's Base to make the logic easier to follow. (It's the same logic, just with more clarity and reminders.)
- When re-visiting Moonside, it is now possible to exit using the Monotoli Building door. (This is largely useless, since you can also exit via the cafe. It's here to help new players.)
- Fixed the bug where PSI Shuffle makes Ness appear to have two copies of teleport alpha. (Again. Probably.)
- Ending improvements :-).
Patch Notes - v3.2.0
4 June 2021
- Yet more scaling changes for fixed damage attacks. Should be significantly kinder for multi-target attacks, and just a little meaner for single-target ones. 4-sanc Giygas should be more consistent.
Patch Notes - v3.1.0
3 June 2021
- Made attack scaling a little kinder for fixed damage attacks.
- Fixed a minor scaling error in bomb attacks and Clumsy Robot's missiles.
- Removed "started a continuous attack" from one of the cursed upgrade pools, since it's not actually more deadly than the attacks it can replace, in practice.
- It's pride month and I'm running a website with a trippy background, so rainbows.
Patch Notes - v3.0.0
31 May 2021
- Added "cursed enemies" flag.
- Removed "enemy ability scaling" flag. (It was being used mostly as a "hard mode" flag. Cursed enemies is a much better way to do this.)
- Completely rewrote enemy attack scaling. It should generally be more consistent and fair than the old logic. (There may be new scaling bugs, but they'll go away faster.)
- Enemies that use multiple strengths of the same attack, such as Giygas 1 and Nightmare, now keep doing this after scaling.
- Made PP scaling much more accurate, especially for bosses or when attack shuffle is enabled, and especially for Nightmare.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Giygas's freeze and flash attacks from being properly scaled after Pokey's "call for help" speech but before the first prayer (typically one turn). Thanks to AND4H and Temple for helping narrow this down.
- Stopped the in-game timer from counting up while on the name select screen.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a certain fun thing from happening.
- Fixed a bug where regular Mobile Sprouts weren't scaled.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the phase distorter from showing up if you returned from the past then died.
- Fixed the bug that caused Ness's teleport beta to appear as alpha when PSI shuffle is on. (Probably.)
- Fixed a bug that would cause enemies using Rockin' Gamma to claim they're using Rockin' Beta.
- Fixed a few more rare instances of the OSS crash.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to fight the boss at Master Barf's slot twice with mashing. Thanks to Temple for finding it!
- Fixed a (vanilla) bug where, with rare bad luck, teleporting into the Lost Underworld would cause a hard lock.
Patch Notes - v2.5.0
21 May 2021
- Ness starts with the cracked bat already equipped.
- In Happy Happy Village, the self-serve shop now has somewhat better items than the drugstore.
- You can now use an exit mouse from the Monotoli building.
- Cave Boys are now less absurdly scaled. (Manually changed vanilla level from 10 to 14.)
- 50% chance of a fun alternative to getting a teddy bear.
- Reworked naming of scaled down versions of Starstorm. Stellar Drizzle ζ and δ are now Starstorm ε and ι. When PSI Shuffle is on, characters will learn these versions of Starstorm, instead of needing to rename Starstorm α to Starstorm γ.
- Fixed inconsistent menu cursor when PSI Shuffle is on. Thanks to cooprocks123e for the incredible effort that went into fixing this.
- Ending improvements.
Patch Notes - v2.4.2
18 May 2021
- Fixed some inconsistent cursor movement during Giygas phase 1, while boss shuffle is on. Also made it so using bombs and PSI Fire are safe during this fight.
- Fixed the bug where, on instant text speed, it's possible for a character to be dead while having HP. Thanks to cooprocks123e for creating the patch and doing basically all the work!
- Fixed a bug where Lier's basement would become unaccessible if you first walked from Onett to Twoson. Thanks to attack_slug1 for finding it!
- Fixed a bug where the Boogey Tent Trash item would disappear if you checked with a full inventory. Thanks to cooprocks123e for finding it!
Patch Notes - v2.4.1
15 May 2021
- Fixed a recent bug that prevented Diamond Dog from being properly scaled.
Patch Notes - v2.4.0
14 May 2021
- Changed teleport costs to 0.
- Gerardo Montague, outside the mines, will now say what his item is before you clear the mines.
- Reduced HP of solo Heavily Armed Pokey / increased HP of whoever ends up in his slot. (Was 2x factor, now 1.75x)
- Reduced attack scaling for Starstorm, Rockin', and low levels of Giygas's Freeze.
- Slightly increased levels of early bosses. Typically, whatever ends up in Frank and Frankystein's slots.
Patch Notes - v2.3.1
11 May 2021
- Fixed a severe bug that would, in some seeds, make certain enemies suddenly trigger Giygas Phase 2. (Thanks Aurilliux for finding it!)
- Fixed a scaling bug where Zombie Dogs south of Boogie Tent could be scaled too high.
- Fixed a scaling bug bug where Slimey Little Piles in the Belch fight could be scaled too high.
Patch Notes - v2.3.0
8 May 2021
- Added Heavily Armed Pokey to boss shuffle.
- Added a safety flag to boss shuffle.
- Fixed a bug that made Giygas's difficulty very unpredictable on low-sanc seeds.
- Fixed a bug with attack scaling with PSI Hypnosis and PSI Magnet, which probably didn't affect anyone.
- The Runaway Five bus in Fourside now disappears after one use.
- Small tweaks to NPCs.
Patch Notes - v2.2.1
5 May 2021
- Fixed a bug where the HHV shop guard could softlock you if boss shuffled to be Belch or Barf. (Thanks and apologies to AirborneMuffins for finding it!)
- Removed possibility of Lifeup Gamma effects (such as "Replenished a fuel supply") being shuffled with attack shuffle on.
Patch Notes - v2.2.0
4 May 2021
- Turned boss shuffle on for race and default settings.
- Added enemy attack shuffle flag.
- PSI Shuffle will not put Flash in the favorite thing slot unless you specifically allow that by using a new flag.
- You can now return from the past using the phase distorter.
- You can now always open the town map with X, even without the item.
- Added Shield and PSI Shield to enemy scaling logic. Note this doesn't yet cover enemies that start with shields.
- Added Magnet, Brainshock, Offense Up, and Defense Down to enemy scaling logic. (Doesn't include renamed versions of these such as "Lost his temper.")
- Added Starman Junior to the boss shuffle pool.
- The library lady will no longer give you a town map. This is to address a common confusion for new players, who think the town map is the library's key item.
- Fixed the (vanilla) bug where the self-serve shop in HHV silently discards items if your inventory is full.
- Added a surprise for people that steal from the self-serve shop.
- Removed the switches in front of the sphinx, so it's clearer you should just talk to it.
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash if you lose to a scripted encounter immediately after the zombie ambush cutscene.
Patch Notes - v2.1.0
25 April 2021
- Added MSU-1 support.
- Enemies in the COTP have always received a bump in attack scaling. This bump now no longer applies to Giygas.
- Removed effects of Magicant on enemy attack scaling. This was responsible for weird spikes in enemy attack power in some seeds.
- Added scaling options for Clumsy Robot's missile.
- Added scaling options for the "eerie eyes" attack used by mooks and Trillionage Sprout.
- Fixed a bug where you could be softlocked by taking the Runaway Five bus from Fourside to Threed then immediately dying to a scripted encounter. (Thanks to HypotheticallyGreg for finding it!)
- Fixed a bug where the game could crash if you lost to the Kraken in Summers.
- Fixed a scaling bug where the Black Antoids in Grapefruit Falls could end up seriously out of scale.
- Fixed a bug where the sign in front of the HHV drug store thought it was the cabin character. (Thanks to HypotheticallyGreg for finding it!)
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to access the vanilla version of the cabin character's speech.
- Fixed a hard lock that occurs if you talk to the monkey teleport tutor while he's trying to leave after the cutscene. It might still be possible if you try really hard.
- Fixed an oversight that allowed you to slip through the door behind the monkey bouncer. (Thanks to Rizu-Kun for finding it!)
- Fixed a bug where you could slip through the door behind the Belch Base boss when boss shuffle is on. (For every other NPC/boss guarding a door, the door itself is disabled by the NPC's flag. But apparently Belch is so chonky that they never bothered.)
- Fixed a rare bug where if you have 7 teleports and Deep Darkness is last, the teleport menu renders in a weird way. (This is present in vanilla EB, but you'd need glitches to do the set up.)
- Started attaching dates to patch notes.
Patch Notes - v2.0.0
- Added boss shuffle flag.
- Added PSI shuffle flag.
- Added resistance shuffle flag.
- Added "more random" seed preset.
- Increased level of equipment found in chests by a small random amount per chest.
- Slightly increased chances of chests having equipment.
- Reduced chances of receiving broken Jeff weapons (was two 50/50 chances, now one 50/50 and one guaranteed non-broken).
- Jeff's tools are now never found broken (they were always broken).
- Doubled the number of Jeff's tools in the pool (was one of each, now two).
- Made all Jeff tools appear earlier in the item pool.
- Shops that can sell bottle rockets are now guaranteed to sell bottle rockets. They sell regular ones for the first quarter of the game, MBRs for the last quarter of the game, and BBRs for the middle half of the game.
- Fixed a bug that would make it impossible to walk from Threed to Dusty Dunes if you beat Belch before taking the Runaway Five's bus from Twoson to Threed.
- Fixed a bug that would allow you to get Carpainter's item without a Franklin Badge.
- Fixed a bug that made regular enemies sometimes break free from solidified status when the "stunlock nerf" patch was on.
- The ATM card no longer contains secret debugging tools.
Patch Notes - v1.1.1
- Fixed a bug that would prevent 1.1.0's balance changes from applying to renamed versions of PSI Fire and PSI Thunder, such as the scalding hot espresso attack, or Giygas's thunder.
- Fixed some severe bugs with the poison attack scaling logic.
- Raised the minimum level for an enemy to use Paralysis Alpha to 16 (less with more kids).
- Added the meteor to the tracker. Whoops!
- Fixed a rare bug that would cause a seed to fail to generate when Flash Beta Nerf is on.
Patch Notes - v1.1.0
- Fixed a bug that caused Criminal Caterpillars to not be scaled.
- Added lower scaling options for all poison attacks.
- Added scaling options for "poisonous fangs" and "bit down hard" (they're in the same scaling group, so some nasty surprises are possible).
- Added lower scaling options for PSI Lifeup.
- Added a lower scaling option for PSI Paralysis.
- Added lower scaling options for "glared with its eerie eyes."
- Reduced scaling difficulty for PSI Rockin', PSI Fire, PSI Thunder, and Giygas's freeze attack.
- Sped up the end game prayer cutscenes even more.
Patch Notes - v1.0.0
- File select menu now displays a random collection of dancing NPCs to make it easy to tell if you're on the same seed as someone else.
- Made many of the speed hacks optional.
- Added option to fix the guts save bug.
- Added option to reduce effectiveness of solidified attacks on bosses.
- Added option to reduce danger from Flash Beta.
- Decided this is good enough to call 1.0.
Patch Notes - v0.1.2
- Temporarily forced Magicant to always be optional and post-Giygas. Seeds with early Magicant were noticeably less fun than others for multiple reasons. I have some alternative fixes that'll take longer to do.
- Many item pool changes:
- Added "Okay Pendant" with weak Fire/Freeze/Flash resistance (same as Diadem of Kings) to the item pool. This helps with the huge gap between Great Charm and Crystal Charm. And it's a pendant that can reasonably found on low-sanc seeds.
- Double the number of each weapon in the item pool.
- Changed weighting of "other" items so their appearance would be less bursty.
- Re-weighed medicine items. Secret Herbs and Horns Of Life should now appear earlier and more reliably than they did before.
- Fixed an oversight that made certain categories of enemy drops, including most food categories, unusually bad.
- Greatly reduced the quality of guaranteed item drops.
- Sped up all door transitions and warps. A few warp types may still be a little buggy.
- Random seed numbers are now mostly timestamp. This lets you know that the seed was not rolled in advance.
- Added seed display to file select screen.
- You can now choose whether to have a run button or an inverted run button in-game during setup.
- Fixed a bug in the R button menu that'd let you steal Poo's key item at the start of the game.
- Title screen improvements.
- Randomized order of end game photo collection.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in the ending credits where Shrooom and Trillionage Sprout had their sprites swapped.
Patch Notes - v0.1.1
- Replaced R button drop with something extremely fancy and versatile.
- The general store in Summers is now an incentive shop. ...It also charges double. Try the one in Toto for a better deal on worse items.
- Removed expensive variants of items from the pool, including the Lucky Coin (which has identical stats to Charm Coin).
- Fixed cultists not appearing in Happy Happy Village.
- More ending improvements.
Patch Notes - v0.1.0
- Has a website.
Patch Notes - v0.0.6
- Run button now works on stairs and ladders. It's subtle though.
- Fixed an embarassing error in money scaling.
- Slightly nerfed the "fast initial exp" flag.
- Fixed scaled-down enemy PSI moves having glitchy text if they can't concentrate, are out of PP, or hit a shield.
- Made it so incentivised shops (Fourside Dept Store, Tenda Horn Of Life) don't remove items from the pool, making shops logically after them be horrible for a while.
- Fixed storing items with Tracy directly.
- Put the Onett Library item check back on the right shelf. (You can still get it on the wrong shelf too.)
- Apple Kid once again accepts any food item, not just hamburgers.
- Fixed palettes and music in Fourside Department Store and Threed Hotel.
- Fixed the Moonside hard lock (a consequence of a speedrunning trick that exists in vanilla).
- Added an exit route to Moonside (just check behind Jackie's cafe's door again).
- Made revisiting Moonside behave properly, if you want to do that for some reason.
- Defeating Clumsy Robot disables the Sentry Robots.
- Dungeon Man's exit door now leads to the correct location.
- Fixed a softlock if you try to use the submarine with Deep Darkness unlocked.
- Faster Lumine Hall text.
- The tenda village in the LU now actually checks if you have tendakraut.
- Various NPC text fixes.
- Made it nearly impossible to miss the Tony phonecall.
- Improved logic for low-sanctuary seeds. Guarantees that the other endgame requirements are relatively early in proportion to how few sanctuaries you need.
- Final Saturn shop now guaranteed to have a revive item, to make low-sanc Giygas at least a little safe.
- Support for seeds that skip Giygas.
- Andonuts won't let you try to fight Giygas without Paula.
- Giygas attack scaling.
- Tracked various game completion stats.
- Ending improvements. :)
Patch Notes - v0.0.5
- Double exit mice.
- Replaced skip sandwiches with repel sandwiches, since you have a run button.
- The third Mr. Saturn storekeeper now shows up when you have completed all your required "Your Sanctuary" locations.
- Support for seeds with reduced "Your Sanctuary" location requirements.
- Added hints for critical path items, so seeds with reduced "Your Sanctuary"
requirements don't become completely bottlenecked on finding them.
- Andonuts now gives you a hint where to find the meteorite piece if you try to ride the incomplete phase distorter.
- After clearing some number of sanctuaries, Apple Kid calls you to tell you where to find the zombie paper. This is skipped if you already have it.
- Randomized where and when Tony calls you.
- Added flag for increasing early game experience.
- Fixed a bug that would make Ness's Nightmare always give huge amounts of exp.
- Reduced how aggressively PSI Rockin' is scaled.
- Added a global flag for how aggressively enemy attacks are scaled.
- Added the Giygas fight to enemy scaling. Note that the "you cannot comprehend the form" attacks are not currently scaled.
- Reduced quality of backfilled shop items (if multiple shops sell equipment of the same type in the same tier, all but one will have worse items).
- Made coil snakes less murdery.
- Sped up the "You Won!" text.
Patch Notes - v0.0.4
- The R button drops the last item you got.
- Fixed several bugs with exp and money scaling. They'll be lower in general.
- Rearranged item pools to be more balanced.
- Modified general stores to be less likely to have the bear + garbage placeholder.
- Rewrote item placement logic to be much more random.
- Rewrote logical enemy scaling to be much more reliable. But still sometimes surprising.
- Fixed some instances of being able to turn spawns off.
- More NPC text polish.
- Fast prayer sequence.
- Added PSI Flash, PSI Lifeup, Summoned A Storm, and Glorious Light to enemy attack scaling.